[78-L] Sights and Sounds of ARSC - NOLA -HOTEL

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 05:28:13 PDT 2010

> From: soundthink at live.com
> To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
> Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:13:39 -0700
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Sights and Sounds of ARSC - NOLA - first two parts of the video
>

> Seems to me a formal complaint on behalf of ARSC would be in order.

First off, ARSC probably won't be back in NOLA for quite a few years.

Next, I though some service was lacking on behalf of some of the front desk staff and, yes, it was cold in rooms, but I would rather have cold - where I added a jacket - than too hot and stuffy.

That said, Brenda Nelson-Strauss - who has the thankless job of being Conference Manager has enough responsibility than to lodge and "formal" complaints.

Every gues who stayed at the CB (and registered for rewards) should have received a comment card email from hotel. I got mine over the weekend. THAT is where you can note your feedback and comments. Makes more sesnse than griping here.

BTW, I was on 3rd floor and one of the two ice machines wasn't putting out ice. The other was. After a day, I figured out how to jiggle the thing to get the ice. I got FULL buckets all the times from those.

Anyway, I guess we could complain to the City of NOLA about how hot and humid it was, and let's not forget the suprise rain shower. But I think I'll balance that off against the music and food.

And, just another mention that folks like Brenda (and Conference Registrar Nathan Georgitis0 do a HECK of a lot of work to make the conference work for NO COMPENSATION. Your registration fee pays for only the costs charged by outsiders.

Well, May 2011 is in the Sheraton, LA... so start getting ready.

Steve