[78-L] Info on Johann Strauss electrical

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 1 15:58:16 PDT 2010

Ron,

Your friend is not reading the label right. Johann Strauss II was indeed the composer of "The Bat"
better known as the operetta "Die Fledermaus." But he died in 1899 and never recorded. This
disc bears European mxs. and might be Johann Strauss III, who died in 1939. I know he made
records in 1903; I'm not aware of later ones but they may well exist. Someone here may know
better than I.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com