[78-L] Sights and Sounds of ARSC - NOLA - first two parts of the video

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Mon May 31 23:07:59 PDT 2010

>Well, I put together my photos and videos into a presentation to share. . .
>Steve

Thanks, Steve. Very enjoyable!

FYI, the trombonist playing with Shannon Powell at Preservation Hall
was Fred Lonzo. He's a local favorite who plays with a lot of
different bands. The pianist was Lars Edegran, a Swede who moved to
New Orleans in 1966 - he leads the New Orleans Ragtime Orchestra, and
also plays in a number of other bands.

The pianist with Irvin Mayfield was David Torkanowsky. He plays R&B
and Professor-Longhair-style piano as much as he does jazz. Mayfield
himself used to lead Los Hombres Calientes, an excellent Latin jazz band.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/