[78-L] How Bing Crosby morphed into Frank Sinatra.!!!!!! [FWD]

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun May 30 20:19:46 PDT 2010

From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Universal took over Sanctuary, which owned Living Era, and then shut down
> the label because for their purposes it was a pirate label. They've begun
> reissuing a lot of material which they already owned via Decca. I think
> they're using the Living Era name. But they aren't doing any new
> production (not from ME at any rate) and neither is Retrospective,
> Wyattstone's reissue label which is repackaging a lot of the older Living
> Era stuff.

The harsh reality is that no "music" worthy of that term is currently being
created...or HAS been in the last decade or so...?! Listening to any
"current
pop hits" source (radio or Internet) will confirm that they are only
REcycling
the same stuff?! Current "pop music" ("Urban Dance") is nothing more or
less than relentless repetition of the same riffs/licks/beat that made a
star of the late James Brown c.1962...?!

Steven C. Barr