[78-L] How Bing Crosby morphed into Frank Sinatra.!!!!!! [FWD]

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun May 30 19:51:03 PDT 2010

From: "Jeff Sultanof" <jeffsultanof at gmail.com>
> I am speechless, although I shouldn't be. This was probably put together
> by
> some young person who hasn't a clue about American music. The end result
> is
> that Decca looks like it is run by idiots.
> Hmmmmmm!

"Music" (or what passes therefor...?!) is currently in the hands of VERY
young
people...who are primarily involved in digitally recycling the "funk"
rhythms
created/perfected by the late James Brown, and using them for usually-
incompetent spoken-word "Rap" attempts...?! What doesn't fall into that
abyss...er, description...is badly-recycled "rock" from the last several
decades?!

What we/they are doing is essentially recreating the "doldrums" which ate
popular music 1945-1956-7...?! We can expect a revival of "Doggie In the
Window" any time soon...?!

Steven C. Barr