[78-L] concurrent presentations

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri May 28 22:31:11 PDT 2010

It is my understanding that locale-related presentations are encouraged, but not required. I did a talk on Terry Gibbs in Philadelphia and Harry Belafonte in Cleveland, neither of which was related (other than a videotape of Gibbs saying "Hello, Philadelphia!" to the attendees).

The idea of locale-related presentations is a good one and I'm glad it is not a mandatory thing. Fortunately, my talk on The Record Changer magazine involved New Orleans jazz but didn't center on it. If you have an innovative, interesting topic, I'm sure you won't be discriminated against because it doesn't concern El-Lay. Bring it on!

Cary Ginell