[78-L] Melvin Marvin

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri May 28 08:08:28 PDT 2010

From: dnjchi78 at live.com
From: "David Lennick"
From: "Bob Rice" <bobrice at snet.net>
> WAS there a Ramon Raquello Orch. He WAS trying to play in the early
> news "Break in's in "War of the Worlds?"We interupt this program to
> bring you a news bullitin" Etc. Grovers Mills NJ. Scary stuff in in 1938!
> Fun program, paniced the nation!    Bob

There was not as much panic as we have been led to believe.  There are
estimates that up to a million people believed the program, at least for
a while.  Only a portion acted on it.  But there was perhaps a total
population of 130 million at the time, so less than one percent of the
population even noticed the program.   The newspapers, always out to get
in a shot at their competition, blew it way out of proportion.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com