[78-L] Used Cow

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Thu May 27 19:38:46 PDT 2010

Simply put, a used cow has been used!  She has been Fresh, she is now dry, she may or may not be suitable for being used again, but the assumption is that she is.   She is not a heifer (unbred) She is a mature female who has been bred,  had a calf, thus produced milk (which means she was fresh) Now she is  done giving milk, or dried up and ready to be bred again or ready for the slaughterhouse.  I'm not  an expert on all 78s, but do live here in big dairy country in northern WV where the  word Teat is pronounced TEET,  said unabashedly, without embarassment, but even so, it made me laugh when a man named Teats ran for state agriculture commissioner last year.   And that's the udder side of the story.
Jim Whipkey

  >>> Along those lines, while driving from NOLA, somewhere in Mississippi or
  >>> Alabama, Leah spotted this sign:
  >>>
  >>>         FOR SALE:  USED COWS
  >>>
  >>> Huh?  What pray tell is a used cow?  And even more to the point, what is
  >>> an UNUSED cow?
  >>>
  >>> Mike (we're city folks) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com<mailto:mbiel at mbiel.com>
  >>>
  >>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  >>>
  >>> I hope you got a picture!