[78-L] More on the 7 inch Columbia label 78s from Argentina

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Thu May 27 14:45:20 PDT 2010

I bought one of those 7 inch Columbia 78s from Argentina that i
mentioned in a thread a few weeks back. It arrived today, so here are
the details

They are pressed in polystyrene and do have paper labels. The label
itself is the same size as that on a 10 inch 78. The pressing has
anti-slip dots around the label and hand written matrix numbers. I
honestly can't tell what stylus to play this with by looking. It
comes in a standard Columbia stripe sleeve in blue. The sleeve has
this text on it: En Columbia Grabacion es Fidelidad - literally 'In
Columbia Recording is Fidelity'. I think they are trying to say
'Fidelity is in Columbia Recordings'. It also says Irrompible which
would be Unbreakable. I would say that about polystyrene, but
compared to shellac ....