[78-L] MGM shorts

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed May 26 13:09:12 PDT 2010

From: DAVID BURNHAM <burnhamd at rogers.com>
> It's fun to watch how a subject develops.  This subject line began
> about a week ago when I posted that I was the only one who attended
> the ARSC pre conference event wearing shorts.  There was little,
> if any, response to that

Actually I did comment about your knees, and Lenneck responded that they
were quite famous in Canada, and asked if there had been a banjo on
them.  I responded that I hadn't noticed one but being that this was
NOLA there was a chance there might have been something (or someone)
else on them during your nightly trips between the conference hotel and
your hotel.

> but the subject has been kept alive ever since>
> - moving from Warner-Brothers shorts to MGM shorts.  db

Note that many of these shorts are pre-code, where anything goes.  I do
not know the status of the Burnham Shorts, nor if there was/is a
Canadian Code.  We do know there had been Canadian Content rules for
sound recordings.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com