[78-L] Dubbed Victors, was RE: Jimmie Rodgers Museum

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat May 22 19:30:44 PDT 2010

When Victor started recording after the 1942-44 ban, they were no longer doing direct masters. Some of their recordings went through 2 or 3 stages of dubs..from 16-inch to 78 lacquer and then they'd dub THAT, playing it on a wobbly turntable they hadn't been able to replace or rebuild owing to wartime restrictions. And Canada would add another generation. Oy. Feh, even.

dl