[78-L] Forged in wax

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Wed May 19 12:11:54 PDT 2010

Is it known how signed records were achieved?  Did the artists simply sign the wax master (that sounds dangerous--slip of the pen!), or was it possible to sign the positive mother during the plating and stamping process?

The prospect of a forged signature that is on a master pressing would mean that there would have to be some other way to sign than just in wax, right???

Re-cordially (nods to BM),
Sammy Jones