[78-L] Forged in wax

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed May 19 11:30:05 PDT 2010

Okay, this is cute..I think I have a Columbia acoustical with a forged signature! I mentioned Felix Weingartner a while back as one of the artists who signed their discs. And I've just found an English issue, Columbia DeLuxe D17711, on which one side is the same as the American issue with the raised circle outside and one inside, but the other side of the disc looks quite different, has a run-out groove, and has a signature that looks nothing like the original one. It's probably not a dub since it has the outside ridge but the inside portion of the master must have been covered over for some reason, and the run-out and the fake signature added.