[78-L] Glass ETs, etc.

Ted Kneebone tkneebone1 at abe.midco.net
Tue May 18 09:22:18 PDT 2010

When visiting the studios of KSCJ in Sioux City, Iowa, we were offered any
of the ETs that we wanted.  Once in the huge studio, I saw many ETs
scattered on the floor.  I had no trouble rescuing the laquer discs, but all
the glass discs were broken.

When I got home, I began copying these ETs onto reels.  One of the laquer
ones fell apart as I took it from the turntable.  Fortunately the LCBB I had
just copied was safe on the tape reel.  I still have the center of the disc,
as a memory.

Ted Kneebone. 1528 S. Grant St., Aberdeen, SD 57401. Phone: 605-226-3344.
Old Time Radio: http://abe.midco.net/tkneebone3