[78-L] sandwich

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Sun May 16 21:31:57 PDT 2010

>You should head for Central Grocery - or follow me <g> - There are
>two other places that sell them including Cafe Napoleon (which is
>open Sunday and Mondays when Central is Closed) - This is for a Muffelatta.

Cafe Napoleon heats their mufulettas. Some people like them this way,
but I prefer them cold.

>For Po' Boys which are fried fish or fried shrimp inside a crispy
>roll with mayo and lettuce - there is TOny's. But I find Po Boys too
>starchy for me.

Roast beef po-boys are also popular, as are sausage po-boys. Two good
places for po-boys are Johnny's (in the French Quarter) and Mother's
(in the Central Business District). Mother's is also a good place for
jambalaya and crawfish etouffee. Johnny's also makes mufulettas, but
I've never had one from there so I can't vouch for it.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/