[78-L] Who is William Robyn? and some others!

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Sat May 15 14:36:30 PDT 2010

Oh my goodness,  thanks for making William Robyn  real for me.  I'm always amazed at the instant  encyclopedic knowledge from this group.  I gather he  veered away from pop stardom toward  Yiddish, Cantor, etc.  and this  probably explains why his  fame wasn't enduring enough, at least in my  sphere, to recall  knowing of him.  When did he die? and how old was he?

Perhaps you all can  bring  a couple more names to life for me.   My  latest  acquisition was all Victor records and  again, I see some names not  familiar to me:  John Steel, Franklyn Baur,  H. Benne Henton and   Six Brown Brothers.  Bing and Google weren't much help, but I did find  several  records for sale  on E-Bay  by the Six Brown Brothers. My first impulse was to jump to a conclusion this was a race, or ethnic  title, but  after listening to the record, Chin Chin- a Medley Fox Trot,  decided I was wrong.
Thanks again for  all the info.
Jim Whipkey