[78-L] Bluebird labels

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat May 15 10:42:39 PDT 2010

Cary Ginell wrote:
> There's one that precedes the buff label as well. It has an almost unreadable black print on blue background and was only good for a handful of issues. I own one of these, but they are rare, rare, rare! I believe the numbers go from 1820 to 1853 (if I understand the Victor Master Book correctly).

The Victor Master Book is all screwed up on the early Bluebird, Sunrise,
Electradisc, Timely Tunes, etc. because of Brian Rust's damn fool
asinine insistence of not including Victor prefixes.  Remember, some of
these are 8-inch discs, and I dare you to figure out which master is
which from the book.  I've looked at the sheets at BMG and you need the
prefixes.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com