[78-L] Who is William Robyn? - more answers

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat May 15 10:36:23 PDT 2010

Willie was quite short, and sometimes was called Wee Willie Robyn.  At
the last Edison Site concert, which I recorded in stereo (and I think
that Larry Tedder also has), I took a Polaroid photo of each of the
performers and had them autograph it, so I have one of Willie at the
mic.   Even in his old age he was a powerful singer.  He did a firey
version of "The Green Eyed Dragon" that time.  Because he was at the
site concerts each year, I seriously doubt Steve Barr's contention that
he might have been "astonished . . . discovering there were folks who
had heard of him many decades later".  He already knew he was still
known and remembered by record collectors.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com