[78-L] RCA 44- Dash Series

David Palmquist davidpalmquist at dccnet.com
Fri May 14 15:43:36 PDT 2010

I've been lurking on this list for a few weeks.  As an Ellington
nut,  I was delighted to see him mentioned today, so I thought I'd pipe up.

First, to introduce myself, I'm David Palmquist and I live in Delta,
B.C., Canada.  We're a suburb of Vancouver, and the US border is
about 20 minutes from my doorstep.  I usually sign mailing list
emails as David in Delta.

Regarding Mood Indigo, RCA Victor 40-0010, I think the label is
44-0010.  I see a number of people have already answered Geoffrey's
question.  I was fascinated to learn this one had just the one song
on both sides.  While I have the label on my website, I don't have
the record, so I didn't know.

I have images of many Ellington 78RPM labels at :
http://ellingtonweb.ca/Hostedpages/DoojiCollection/DoojiCollection.htm
If you select the 1930-1932 page, and scroll down about half way,
you'll see Mood Indigo 44-0010, with "coin operators" on the top of the label.

Just wish I owned all these records... sigh.

David in Delta