[78-L] THis appears to be the big weekend event during ARSC Conference

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu May 13 06:37:46 PDT 2010

I know the Lars Edegran band, which is playing at the Palm Court Jazz Cafe on Wednesday night. I saw Edegran in Ascona in 2003 and he had a top notch group, that included the great nonagenarian saxophonist Franz Jackson (who has since passed away). My favorite living trumpet player, Duke Heitger, was playing with Lars that week, so I hope he's still with the band, as well as Evan Christopher, a superb Dixieland clarinetist. Regardless, Lars picks good talent, and I'm going to try and see him next Wednesday.

Cary Ginell