[78-L] Capitol in Mexico via Jo Stafford

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat May 8 19:49:32 PDT 2010

From: "Roger Wade" <rwade1947 at comcast.net>
> Last year I had a Kay Starr recording on Mexican Capitol.  It was
> numbered similar to this one, with the C prefix, but it was an
> earlier label type for the purple and silver label than the one now
> pictured on ebay.  I don't remember the songs though and the record
> is long since sold.

Interesting! Canadian Capitol records used the "C-" prefix from some
unknown (to me) point around 1949 until 1954(?) when the Canadian
operation started duplicating US catalog numbers. In fact, I'm trying to
research the Canadian catalog numbers; they started with a (IIRC)
"78-" prefix...and then dropped the use of any prefix for ten or so
issues, starting the "C-" prefix around C-210 or so...?!

Any relevant data from this short "gap" period would be GREATLY
appreciated!

Steven C. Barr