[78-L] Crown Radio-Graphic of Montreal, The Three Hawaiians? Does anyone have any information about either?

Penny Eadie spottedrock at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 11:51:19 PDT 2010

I have an old 10" disc (it looks like it is a 78 rpm, but doesn't indicate that anywhere) that I picked up at a flea market and I haven't been able to track down much information on either the record company or the artists in my searches. Does anyone have any information they can help me out with? The label is black, or possibly a very dark blue with gold lettering, there is a domed crown with one point above the word crown in an uppercase seriph font. The number is 81140, the artists "The Three Hawaiians" and the titles are "Carolina Moon" on the A side and "Sunny Sunny June" on the B side.
Crown Record Co. Lachine Montreal Canada is printed around the outer edge of the label at the bottom.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I know that Compo Company Limited produced records under the Crown label in Lachine, Quebec between 1930 and 1936, but that is the extent of the information I have been able to track down so far.