[78-L] Young Collectors

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon May 3 19:56:24 PDT 2010

From: "Mike Harkin" <xxm.harkin at yahoo.com>
> Tyrone wrote, " What is at issue here is whether/how much these younger
> fol=
> kses
> will want to listen to music which dates from WELL before their youth?!"
>
> Then there are us classical collectors:=A0 much of what I enjoy is from my
> =
> youth, MOST well
> before it!

Well, collectors of classical 78's (and lovers of classical music in
general) are
a completely different issue...?! They listen to the music for totally
different
reasons; as well, virtually all classical music was written a century or
before
ago (I'm guessing there may exist current composers of classical music...
but they are not at all well known?!)

Steven C. Barr