[78-L] Turntables that will play 78s and 16" ETs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon May 3 09:38:12 PDT 2010

17-inch discs were indeed used for mastering, and occasionally for when a longer playing time was needed. Early laminated transcriptions are also a bit oversize.  As Mal says, the SP 15 is fine for playing all transcriptions and I don't even have much problem with tracking error, despite not using a longer tone arm.

dl