[78-L] Huh?

Thatcher Graham thatcher at mediaguide.com
Mon May 3 05:35:09 PDT 2010

Speaking as what apparently qualifies as a young collector here...We are
the exception, not the rule.

I find that music collectors just a bit younger than me don't even know
78s existed.
Or if they do, don't understand the different between them and LPs.
having never played records of any kind, they recognize them by diameter
not material or playing speed. My interns abstain from physical media
entirely - downloading and sharing digital media exclusively.  They see
our hobby as a novelty.
The genre of music is not the obstruction. They just have no connection
to physical media.

Personally I am fascinated most my early rock n' roll recordings which
are (for the most part) neither rare nor hard to find.
No that it's the entirety of what I find interesting, but it's the music
of my fathers youth and not my own.

-- Thatcher