[78-L] Four Aces question

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Apr 27 16:38:24 PDT 2010

> From: "David Lennick"
> > >  have a misnamed track by The Four Aces which ends with the words
> > > "Islands In The Stream".

> > I have 70 tracks by the Decca Four Aces.It would be a mite easier
> > if we had the first few words instead of the last.   RayK

> I just forwards 'em, folks! I assume that the requester has this track
> from an online source with no further information..otherwise the
> correct title wouldn't be that hard to find.  dl

If that is the case, ask the requester to give you the FIRST words of
the song, or give you the URL of the file, or send you the FILE!  It
would then be easy to figure out WHICH four aces these are.  It is funny
how some people ask questions on the list, only letting out a little bit
more details when we ask for them instead of giving all the info the
first time.  But then some newbies give us too much info -- such as
listing all the patents on a label!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com