[78-L] hoo-Ha

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Tue Apr 27 07:08:31 PDT 2010

Hey Cary - This is why I spent $45,000+ developing the vmauctions site (and
that's using programmers in India - would have cost me $200,000 to $250,000
in the US).
I had to close my monthly payment store which I sold reissue CDs on because
the prices were going up there as well - it just didn't make sense to pay
the $50 per month + .05 per item + the 9% FVF + the .03-.04% + .30 per
transaction from paypal. When you're selling CDs or Records in the $10-20
range, you have to sell a bunch to cover what you have invested in the
product + the fees - it's maddening! On the vmauctions site, there are no
listing fees, no paypal fees, no store fees, a sliding scale for FVF that
goes lower the higher the item price, plus free insurance for packages under
$50 and so on.

In any case, I'm doing very well on the auction site and getting prices
realized as high or higher than I would expect on doo-Day. There are over
200 registered bidders so far and over 900 on the mailing list. The buyers
are there, we're just waiting for the sellers. It's funny to me because the
site is designed mainly for the benefit of sellers yet they are the most
resistant to try it out. It'll happen eventually, but I continue to wonder
how many will hold out for hoo-Ha to get better?? Got lot's of ideas to get
even lower prices for sellers, but I need more people involved to keep the
programmers working - I'm out of money ha!

Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com/
78rpm Auctions - http://www.vmauctions.com/
Venerable Radio - http://www.venerablemusic.com/samphpweb/index.html