[78-L] Arte Shaw's last recordings

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 26 07:14:41 PDT 2010

Not his last recording at all..there's the "Artie Shaw Recreates" album for Capitol in 1968, again conducted but not played.

Artie Shaw
[S5031-7]
Artie Shaw Re-creates His Great 1938 Band:
pers includes : Bernie Previn, Mel Davis (tp) Buddy Morrow (tb) Walt Levinsky (cl) Toots Mondello (as) Al Klink, Bill Slapin (ts) Bernie Leighton (p) Don Lamond (d) Artie Shaw (cond)
New York, 1968
    Traffic jam    Capitol ST2992, Pausa PR9050
    Begin the beguine           -             -
    Lover come back to me           -             -
    What is this thing called love ?           -             -
    Softly, as in a morning sunrise           -             -
    Octoroon           -             -
    Nightmare           -             -
    Back Bay shuffle           -             -
    Jungle drums           -             -
    Copenhagen           -             -
    Ziguener           -             -
    It had to be you           -             -