[78-L] Bottle caps--WAS: Alvino Rey and The Kings

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Apr 22 21:28:27 PDT 2010

From: "simmonssomer" <simmonssomer at comcast.net>
> Keep looking inside those bottle caps.
> You may win an Edsel.

Again back in my MUCH younger days...one had to look under the
corks (made of cork back then!) of Pepsi caps to see if one had
won a prize in their contest! This was back in (IIRC) 1948; I used
to collect bottle caps as a child/teen...and had a few thousand
when I finally gave that up! Back then, the cap manufacturers
used to put their initials or logos on caps they manufactured...and
I counted those as different varieties!

Now, 99.9% of sodas come with screw caps; I never have considered
those to be "bottle caps!" As well, one could carefully remove the
cork from a bottle cap...and then put the cap onto one's t-shirt,
using the cork (pushed back into the cap) to hold it fairly firmly
in place...!

Steven C. Barr