[78-L] Pepsi--WAS: Alvino Rey and The Kings

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Apr 22 21:09:40 PDT 2010

From: "simmonssomer" <simmonssomer at comcast.net>
> Pepsi Cola is a drink
> Pour it in the kitchen sink
> Tastes like vinegar, looks like ink
> Pepsi Cola sure does stink
> Nickel, nickel, nickel, nickel
> Ah those good old days of yesteryear in the 40's.
> But...we always chose Pepsi because...it was a 12 ounce bottle.
> Not a puny 6 ozs like coke.

Back in my much younger days, I used to have a 12-ounce pepsi
and soda crackers every afternoon when I came home from
school. The Pepsi cost six cents (they were 35 cents for a carton
of six). I had a mug (probably an old beer mug?) in which to
drink my Pepsi, over ice (from my grandmother's 1940
Frigidaire refrigerator)...the ice trays had handles one had to
pull to free the cubes! This was 1954-1960...!

Steven C. Barr