[78-L] Alvino Rey and The Kings

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Thu Apr 22 07:54:37 PDT 2010

The Berigan Pepsi ad was issued on an IAJRC LP many years ago. I forget
the title and catalog number. As I recall, words to the tune go: “Pepsi
Cola hits the spot/twelve full ounces that’s a lot/twice as much for a
nickel, too/Pepsi Cola is the drink for you.” Later, there was
something about “nickel, nickel, nickel, trickle.” My mother wouldn’t
allow me to drink cola drinks. The only two soft drinks allowed in the
house were ginger ale and 7-Up. At a young age, we were all captivated
by advertising and learned lots of tunes and slogans because they were
everywhere!