[78-L] Alvino Rey and The Kings

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 00:04:41 PDT 2010

As a long time antique radio buff,I'm familiar with their radios although I've never owned one myself.I did know they bought Columbia.Did Obie leave RCA of his own  volition
or was he fired?Majestic was "The Mighty Monarch of the Air" and,I think,sponsored the Edgar Bergen-Charlie McCarthy radio programme.Majestic even made a radio that
was named after them.I saw a picture of it once in a radio book some thirty years ago.Come to think of it,I've never seen any Majestic radios from the '40s either.