[78-L] Alvino Rey and The Kings

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 19:13:27 PDT 2010

>From what I was told by Dorothy Herfurt(now deceased since 2003 at 76)and from what Welk shows
that are on PBS(out here in Oregon it's Oregon Public Broadcasting)the lead alto was Dave Edwards
who has since passed on.Who is was before him I don't know.Mahlon Clark was in the sax section;I
remember the stink that was raised when one of the Lennon Sisters married him.He was like 42 at the
time;she was around 27.I believe it was Kathy Lennon who married him.