[78-L] Larry Adler rarity?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 20 21:04:36 PDT 2010

A tiny representative portion of a collection was left with me the other day (10,000 opera 78s, hundreds of LPs, books and catalogs the likes of which I've never seen) and I was just looking through "Rhythm On Record", a 1936 publication in which I just learned that Larry Adler has a solo on "Hittin' the Bottle" by the Colonial Club Orchestra. Brunswick 4858 (1047 in the UK). Anyone know if this is the case?

(This book also identifies the combo on Adler's Rex sides..wish I'd had this ten years ago! It's definitely staying here. But not the 10,000 opera 78s.)