[78-L] Premature deaths

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 21:07:22 PDT 2010

Betty Jack Davis,who worked with singer Skeeter Davis,was killed in a 1953 auto accident.Johnny Horton died in one in 1960 the same year Cochran died.Of Cochran,it was said that he had a prem-
omition of his own death.We all know about the death of Eddie Lang.Guitarist Dick McDonough died
at 34 in early 1938 during or after a surgery from what I recall.Jimmy Harrison,jazz trombonist for Chick
Webb and Fletcher Henderson died at 31 in July,1931 of stomach cancer.His solo on the Chocolate Da-ndies' recording of "Bugle Call Rag" from October,1930 is a favourite of mine.