[78-L] Kathleen Lane

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 20:46:28 PDT 2010

My favourite recording of hers was Berigan's "'Deed I Do" which I heard back in 1965 as a 14 year old
via the album the "Bunny Berigan Memorial Album".I have it now on both a Hep and a Melodie Jazz CD.
Her "I Cried For You" is also on both CDs plus I have a very battered circa 1946-49 RCA Victor 78 of
it with "Sobbin'  Blues" on the reverse."Patty Cake,Patty Cake" wasn't so good but "Ya Had it Comin' to
You" wasn't that bad.One Berigan vocalist I didn't like:Ruth Gaylor.I've got some Hudson-DeLange Bru-
nswicks of her that are horrible especially "The Moon is Grinnin' at me(For Falling in Love with You).The
one Berigan recording I have of Gaylor is "Never Felt Better,Never Had Less" from May of 1938.