[78-L] Kathleen Lane

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 09:30:17 PDT 2010

Geoffrey Wheeler wrote:
> Glenn Miller on Brunswick: The Miller Brunswicks are, indeed, hard to
> find in decent shape. They also tend to be more pricey than they are
> worth because they are early Miller. I went the budget route many years
> ago and bought Harmony HS 11393 “Collector’s Choice” (Miller Brunswicks
> from 1935 to 1938). Released in 1982, Everest 4005/5 “Complete
> Recordings on Columbia Records (1928-1938)”  may also contain these
> Brunswick recordings. I haven’t looked at or listened to the LP in
> decades so I can’t confirm the accuracy of that.
==============
I don't have the Harmony, but Harmonys were usually bunged up with
reverb. I did have the Everest, but the sound was of the shoe box
variety. Also some of the vocal identifications were faulty. I have some
on 10" Philips BBR 8092 (Glenn Miller 2), which has some reverb,
particularly on the vocals (why?). There was a previous Philips LP BBR
8072. These two were both originally on Epic LPs.

The ones featuring Berigan are on the Mosaic set, without reverb!

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5034 (20100416) __________

http://www.eset.com