[78-L] Whoopie Boop

Banjo Bud banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 10:35:24 PDT 2010

If memory serves (and at my age it can sometimes be nefarious, at best),
Helen Kane once sued Mae Questal for her Betty Boop persona.  However, she
lost her case when it was pointed out that the "boop-a-doop" style of
singing was originated by another singer called Baby Esther.  I don't think
Helen ever pretended to be Betty Boop.  It was said that she hated the
characterization.  If anyone on the list knows more about this.....lay it
on.

Bud