[78-L] Bach/Casals^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Apr 11 20:51:35 PDT 2010

From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
>> Robert Bratcher wrote:
>> anybody have the URL for that auction? I'd like to see the high
>> bid for myself. (& no I'm not going to bid on it)
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> I looked for it but it seems to be gone.  I didn't notice when the
>> bidding was ending on the item but it looks like someone is the proud new
>> owner of a $200 set of Bach Cello Suites - and it's only two of them.
>> However there's still time to purchase the $2,000,000 Messiah!

The problem is rather simple! There exist out there a(fortunately) limited
number of idi...er, folks...who have read news items about CEO's receiving
7- and 8- figured "bonuses" which were hardly "earned"...?! As a result,
given the inherent dominance hierarchly built into Homo Sapiens, these
idi...er, folks MUST receive sums larger than the last one they read of...?!

Meanwhile, I would very much like to know exactly how the recipient
of $2,000,000.00 SPENDS that sum...?! In my own case, I would simply
purchase all the 78's I saw being sold; however, consider that the sum
in question would buy THREE million-dollar mansions (not that much
of an improvement on a *3* million dollar joint?!)?!

2 million also buys about 500,000 beers (more or less)...or about
1370 a day...?!

Make sure and reserve funds for your liver transplant...?!

Steven C. Barr