[78-L] Wet-playing records

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 20:21:05 PDT 2010

Distilled has nothing to do with it AFAIK.

I think it may depend on how they became worn, as I described
previously. Let me phrase it another way - play a lacquer wet and then
examine your stylus. The black gunk on the tip used to be your record. I
don't see how one could describe the process as "beneficial" when it is
destroying the artifact.

What are you expecting? Wet playing to eliminate pops and clicks? Not in
my experience. To eliminate broadband surface noise? Already answered that.

joe salerno