[78-L] had a good 78 day

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 00:02:02 PDT 2010

Well, of course, Robert.  I brought them all home and will play all the ones
I haven't heard or have forgotten I've heard.  Just because they are common
doesn't mean they aren't good.  One of my all-time favorites is "Hot Time in
the Town of Berlin" by Mr. Crosby and the Andrews Sisters.  And Mambo
Italiano back to back with Papa Loves Mambo works for me, too.  And I'd make
an argument for Sinatra on Capitol over Sinatra on Columbia but that might
take a while to sort out.  Common to my mind simply means that there are a
lot of copies out there.

What I thought was unusual was that there was a higher percentage of smaller
labels in this mix.   More Federals and Vee-Jays and Savoys and Kings and
Goldbands and others than there were Columbias and Deccas and Victors.  It's
usually the other way around by far.