[78-L] Kenny Hagood [was National Records]

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 08:29:08 PDT 2010

Geoffrey Wheeler wrote:
> Taylor Bowie says of Kenny Hagood: “I guess I'd just blocked his name
> out of my mind...no I'll try to block his
> VOICE out of my mind.”
>
> Apparently the people at Capitol who reissued 11 of the 12 “Birth of
> the Cool” recordings did the same thing. “Darn That Dream” was not
> reissued on LP with the other 11 selections until 1972.
I suspect I'm the only one on this list who has heard him perform live
(in Paris, 1960). I was aware of the 11-tracker Capitol LP at the time,
but didn't have the audacity to ask him about it! As I remember, the
band outnumbered the audience (I don't count the barflies).

I don't have too much of a problem with Hagood and Coleman. At least
they didn't overstay their welcome.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5004 (20100406) __________

http://www.eset.com