[78-L] New records in the jukebox

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Sat Apr 3 11:10:50 PDT 2010

> > The Hoosier Hot Shots are the second selection under Romantic
> > Problems (The Guy Who Stole My Wife).

>Thanks Jeff, it was tagged onto the Broadway Bell-Hops. The BBH is
>remarkably good sound for an acoustic!
>
>       Julian Vein

I usually categorize my selections by artist, but when I do novelty
records I organize them by theme.

Thanks for your comment about the sound of the BBH record. When I
remaster an acoustic record I try to identify and smooth out the
peaks and valleys in the recorded frequencies. I also extend the bass
- most acoustics have bass frequencies down to about 200 Hz but roll
off pretty sharply starting at about 400 Hz. I use the graphic
equalizer tool in Sound Forge to correct for this, relying on my ear
to tell me how much boost to give it and where the peak and cut-off
should be (it's possible to overdo it and get a boomy recording with
a lot of rumble).

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/