[78-L] The British Army Quadrilles

David London jusmee123 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 01:42:07 PDT 2010

I am ferreting through some old 12" 78s and just enjoyed a 2 record set on
Columbia Records of "The British Army Quadrilles" by the Massed Bands of the
Guards.   The label and style of the records makes me think it is quite old,
but Google has failed to turn up anything for me.  As I said, it's two 12"
78 records  and they are numbered 366 and 367.

I did Google the concept of a quadrille, and that was interesting. It was
first a performance on horseback, then a dance - a precursor to square
dancing.  These two records have all 6 parts of the dance on them.

Apologies if queries like this get a bit tedious on this list, but I would
be interested in finding when these were made etc.