[78-L] News story: New store -- 78s only!

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 2 10:37:48 PDT 2010

Just got back from Whistlin' Willie's first day open. A splendid time
was had by all. He's got over 20,000 records at great prices starting
at $1. And they actually cover just about every era cutting off at
about 1955. And with every purchase -- at least for today -- up to 5
freebies from the 'not in really great shape' box.

I bought mostly comedy today. Some Spike Jones fills at a buck at
pop. And -- hmm -- records you didn't think anyone would cover --
Johnny Standley's It's in the Book on by Al Bernie on Mercury 5911.

The a net little disk on Jubilee 3525 -- Dregnet by Happy Lewis --
yep a Jewish take on Dragnet.

This shop is in the Jewish part of Pittsburgh, so it was totally
appropriate that this record was there with a ton of sides by Mickey
Katz. Didn't get of those this time

Got a copy of Lewinsky at the Wedding by Julian Rose on Columbia
A2366 and by Joe Hayman on Columbia 3D -- Cohen Phones for a Phone
and Cohen Phones Mrs Levi.$1 for Rose -- $3 for Hayman

I got a buch of other stuff, too that I won't go into --- but it was
fun -- and will be a regular stop