[78-L] Lee Wiley jilts one guy to marry Jess Stacy

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Thu Apr 1 16:57:33 PDT 2010

I”m glad Jeff has explained the problem regarding the Louis Bellson
bio. Pat Willard went into some detail with me on the phone about her
difficulties preparing the bio. Pat herself is a fascinating person and
a fund of information and knowledge about the jazz business. Besides
our mutual interest in jazz, Pat also worked for the plastic model kit
manufacturer, Revel Inc. in the ’50s. I knew the people at Revel well
because of my own involvement with the model kit business. With that
kind of shared familiarity with the business, the company, and its
people, we had good laughs about some of the outrageous personalities.
I knew their accountant and the fact that he incorporated every kit
they manufactured as a separate corporation to defy the IRS. They
challenged him, but it worked!