[78-L] Grey Gull 4114 - 1920?

David London jusmee123 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 16:42:57 PDT 2010

OK, you inspired me.  I have always liked Garrard players and your 4HF looks
the part for playing 78s.  I have a couple myself, one good one, plus one in
poorer condition for parts.

So I decided to tweak that arm back to best performance, so it would track
properly with the Stanton 500 in it.  Wow, the hardest part is not losing
all those little ball bearings when you withdraw the main pivot! (trick:
put a towel on the table under it to catch them).  Anyway, all cleaned and
back together now, it's happily playing some Artie Shaw and Duke Ellington
as I type this :)

Thanks - I think I found my main platform for playing 78s!

Dave