[78-L] Great Roy Milton cartoon label site

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 14:22:19 PDT 2010

Thank you very much for the link to this site.  I had no idea that many were
done.  I see these Miltone cartoon 78s every so often but I don't usually
buy them because they are almost always in horrible condition.

Miltone was started in 1945 or 46.  Roy Milton had recorded for Art Rupe's
Juke Box label and the great success of R.M. Blues gave Rupe the confidence
to leave his partners in Juke Box and form Specialty.  At that time Milton
and his manager, Ray Waller,  formed Miltone Records and that is the label
Milton recorded for in 1946 and 1947.  In late '47 Milton rejoined Rupe at
Specialty and remained until the early 50s when Milton moved to Dootone.
Eventually the Miltone masters were bought by Dootone.  So I guess these
Miltones were issued circa 1945-1947