[78-L] More from the Eb*y Stupid File....

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Sun Mar 28 08:38:44 PDT 2010

For insanity, try this. I totally forgot to mention that a private
lacquer one-of-a-kind 10-inch 78 recording of a young Charlie Parker
playing in Kansas City in the 1930s has been appraised at around
$100,000. An expert on such things has commented to me that should this
person choose to sell the record, he would be lucky to get even
one-tenth of that! To me hundreds of dollars is a lot of money to pay
for a record, let alone unthinkable thousands.