[78-L] More from the Eb*y Stupid File....

Ken "Silver Showcase" kenreg at tds.net
Sat Mar 27 19:33:45 PDT 2010

Steven C. Barr wrote:

> I fully expect, in the not-too-distant future. to see upon eWotsit, this:
>
> "REAL WOOD!! Yes, this is an actual piece of real, genuine, "wood,"
> cut from an actual "tree" (remember those...?!)...NOT made of some
> sort of plastic, but created by the sawing-up of a segment of an actual
> "tree trunk!" This highly rare object is being offered on this list for an
> highly-reduced price, enabling ordinary individuals to own an important
> piece of North American history!"
>
> Comment ca va?!
>
> Steven C. Barr

This reminds me of an real eBay listing many years ago, but it was meant
as a joke.  Somebody posted an auction for "an almost square piece of
cardboard."  A photo was included and the description was a very flowery
rant about all the possible uses for this item.  I think the opening bid
was something like one dollar.  People got into the spirit of it and the
bids were around 10 grand when eBay, which has no sense of humor, pulled
the plug.  Of course if the auction had been allowed to finish the
funster would have been stuck with a hefty bill to pay for that 10 grand
winning bid.  But it was funny.

-- Ken